Student Pass Application Process
The application process the Singapore student pass varies depending on the educational institution. Though, for all categories of institutions, application is required to submit using the Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) system. The process of applying for the student pass is simple
Step 1: Registration of Student Application by the Institute of Higher Learning (IHL)
The IHL/University where the student has been accepted must register the international student application via the SOLAR system with the following details- name, nationality, date of birth, course of study/program- start and end date, and SOLAR reference number. After the registration is done, a SOLAR application reference number is given to the student.
Step 2: Login to SOLAR system
Login to the SOLAR system website https://solarplus.ica.gov.sg/solarplus-ica/index.do using the reference number received from the university/institute. Enter the basic details, as asked, to start the process.
Step 3: Submit eForm 16 and Make Fee Payment
After you login to SOLAR, fill the eForm 16 and submit it along with the required fee. You should fill the following details
- A registration acknowledgement notice with login details provided by the university/institution
- Travel documents or passport details
- NRIC number/FIN of parents (if the parents of the students are Singaporean or foreigner who are living or working in Singapore)
- Singapore contact details and address (Can be the address of the university/institute)
- A valid email address
- One recent passport-sized color photo
Additional documentation is required in support of the application form. After submitting the eForm 16 via the SOLAR system, take a printout of the eForm.
List of Documents Required for Visa Application
International students are required to attach the following documents in support of the application-
- A copy of valid passport
- Proof of adequate funds
- Two passport-sized photographs (Color with white background)
- Health insurance coverage (optional)
- Standardized test scores that your university/IHL required (TOEFL/IELTS, GRE or GMAT)
- Transcripts/degrees/certificates or diplomas from the school and institute you attended.
Step 4: Get IPA Letter from the ICA
After the application is approved, an In-Principal Approval (IPA) letter is issued by the ICA. The IPA letter is sent to you by the IHL/University in which you are accepted. This letter incorporates the visa for Singapore. Thus, you are not required to apply for student visa separately. You can show in-principal approval letter at the entry checkpoint of Singapore, in order to get entry into the country.
Step 5: Complete the formalities for Issuance of Student Pass and Collect the Student’s Pass
With the IPA, you have gained entry into Singapore. Now, visit the Students Pass Unit, ICA building to complete the process for issuance of the pass.
List of Documents Required for Issuance of Student Pass
- eForm 16 print copy duly signed by the candidate
- A valid passport along with a copy of the same
- A student embarkation/demarcation card
- A medical report in the format as on the ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority) official website
- One recent passport-size photograph (color with white background)
- IPA (in-principal approval) letter copy
The processing fee for Student’s Pass is S$30 and for issuance of the pass, an additional fee of S$60 is to be paid.
Application for student’s pass is processed in 10 working days.